Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Calling All Bloggers!

Hi All,

This is going to be a blog written by and dedicated to all those in the adoption realm.  I am opening up this blog for anyone who has been affected by adoption and hope that I can capture your thoughts, your stories, your feelings, your hopes, your wisdom and your encouragement to others!  I am asking anyone who is an adoptive parent, adoptee, former orphan, orphan advocate, adoption professional, adoption attorney or someone waiting on their forever child to write stories of hope, healing, and the blessing of adoption.
.
Comments will be moderated and your identity protected unless you choose to sign your name.  In an effort to protect your children, I would recommend using initials or fictitious names. 

I recently sent out a Facebook message to those I felt could tell their story and offer insight into the plight of the orphan, the hope of adoption and those that have dealt with tragedy in adoption.  I got an "okay" response and I look forward to reading and posting their stories.  I was amazed at the ones that did not respond and can only hope that they will contribute at some point in the future.  All 100 of those that I sent messages to have a story to tell and not one of them the same.  I have found great inspiration and encouragement in their stories and that's the whole reason I reached out to them.

So, I'm asking once more....if you have a story or stories to tell....write them.  I hope that you will use this venue to tell those searching for information on adoption.  I hope that you will share the ups and downs of adoption, whether you are that birthmom that made the selfless act of placing your child or that mom that has been waiting for years to bring home her child.  Or maybe you are the infertile mom (like me) that has longed for years to bear children.  Or maybe you are the grandparent that loves those grandbabies no matter the color of skin or origin of birth. Or maybe you are the orphan advocate that spends your days pleading and speaking for the ones that can't speak for themselves.  Whoever you are and however you fall into this adoption realm, your story is important!  So, I encourage you to pray about what you want to write and that you would let your heart fill up a page so that others may see the beauty of adoption but also the great need to reach "the least of these."

Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment